The New Haven Re-entry Service Center (NHRSC) is a non-residential program at Easter Seals Goodwill Industries that provides comprehensive case management services to male and female adult offenders returning to the city of New Haven after incarceration. Funding and referrals are provided by the Department of Correction (DOC).
Pre and Post Release Services
We provide a range of services in correctional facilities such as Carl Robinson, Willard-Cybulski, York, Niantic Annex Correctional Institute and New Haven Correctional Center, at Easter Seals Goodwill Industries, in the community and within participants’ homes.
NHRSC is a community program that focuses on the development and achievement of goals for individuals returning from incarceration. These goals are supported by comprehensive case management services through a referral process. Referrals and provision of services include but are not limited to:
- Family Reunification
- Transitional/Sober Housing Assistance
- Subsidized Basic Needs
- Peer Mentorship
- Assistance with Benefit Enrollment
- Employment/Volunteer Services Referral
- Financial Management Education
- Substance Abuse Treatment Referral
- Mental Health/Medical Services Referral
The Case Managers monitor these referrals to ensure that individuals’ needs are being addressed. Re-entry staff also assist participants with advocacy needs.
Community Advocates work alongside case managers to provide hands-on assistance to newly released offenders. When possible, Community Advocates organize opportunities for positive social and community interaction.
Our Collaborating Partners & Community Support:
- Connecticut Department of Correction
- Court Support Services Division
- New Haven Parole and Probation
- New Haven Re-entry Roundtable
- Clifford Beers Clinic
- EMERGE Connecticut, Inc.
- Cornell Scott Hill Health Corporation
- South Central Rehabilitation Center
- Family ReEntry, Inc.
- City of New Haven Reentry Initiative
Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Extended hours as required